Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Evaporation

Hello readers for the last couple of weeks we have been doing science we have been doing some experiments. 3 things were going to learn about today were evaporating, Condensing, Distillation we will be learning about the topic and then we will do an experiment we didn't do one today because it is meant to take a whole hour. What is evaporation? Evaporating is when a substance gets heated up and it turns from liquid gas. Condensing is liquid cooling it down.. Distillation Experiment Aim Use distillation to separate out the dissolved sugars in coke, coke zero/diet, from the liquid. Hypothesis I think the normal coke will have more sugar because I think it has more sugar already and then i think that it will turn like water. 

Method 

1. Heat up 50ML of coke on a Bunsen burner 

2. Trap gas in tube

3. Condense gas using ice

Solid

Liquid 

Gas

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.