Pages

Friday, June 25, 2021

Do Now Week 8

 Should Matariki be a public holiday? I agree that Matariki should be a school holiday because I think everyone should celebrate the Maori language. The reason I think this would be good is because everyone who is Maori should be able to celebrate there language and if they couldn't do that then they wouldn't have any time to have a look at the stars.For the people who can't look at the stars it would be hard because they like there Maori language. This is my opinion on what everyone should be able to look at stars because it is Matariki.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jesse

    Thanks for sharing your work for last week's Do Now! I think you have got a start for some good arguments. Having a better understanding of Matariki to highlight stronger points might make your writing more persuasive. Do you think it would have been helpful to have some resources about what Matariki is prior to writing this Do Now?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.