Pages

Monday, March 4, 2019

Scones


Image result for scones

Aim:To look at different kitchen ingredients in scones and their effects.




You will each have a role for the first scone, then rotate roles for the next two.

1. Collector - Collects ingredients then writes label
2. Mixer - Mixes ingredients
3. Baker - Rolls mixture into scone shape

When one person in the group is doing their role the others will be writing their blog.

Your group will:
  • Make 3 types of scone. 
  • Normal plus 2 others.
  • You will make the scone, shape it on your plate, bring it up and place it on the oven tray with a clearly written label. The label must have Group Name and Scone Type.
Scone types:
  1. No butter 
  2. No Baking Powder
  3. No milk 
  4. With Lemonade
  5. With Baking Soda

Recipe:

  • 1/2 cup Edmonds standard flour
  • 1 tsp Edmonds baking powder  or 1 tsp baking soda                            
  • 2 tsp butter
  • 1/4 cup milk, approximately or 1/4 cup lemonade.

The recipes my group chose were:

1. Normal
2. Milk
3. Lemonade

The other two recipes were:

1. Name: 

Ingredients:

  •  Butter
  •  Baking Soda
  • Butter 

2. Name: 

Ingredients: 

  • Vinegar
  • Lemonade
  • Butter
Materials:

1.Bowl
2.Spoon
3.Plate
4.Milk
5.Butter
Process

Step 1: Get the ingredient's
Step 2: Make the scones into a ball
Step 3: Put some flavors into the scones
Step 4: Cook them
Step 5: And then eat them



TRIAL NUMBER:

COlour


TASTE

HEIGHT (CM)

1. NORMAL

BrownSticky95mm

2. baking soda

YellowSour38mm

3. Lemonade

WhiteTangy42mm




Conclusion Hello my name is Jesse and I am from Hornby High School Today we done the scones experiment I finished mine my group was Jrae Brodie and Clayton and then a couple of days we got to eat them they were alright but I didn't really like them.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jesse

    This is a nice start. Please have another look at your materials and the different ingredients for the two other types of scones you made. I bet you can finish this up on Monday!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.