Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Nonfiction Bingo

Hello readers for the last couple of weeks we have been working on a protest slide and we had to do some task we had to make a DLO and we had to write what was the most interesting thing in the story was and this is what I made I hope you enjoy please leave a comment on my blog on what i could do better next time.

The most interesting thing I learned was that Springbok was a team and everyone back then was racist and they split the black people. The white people would be a team and the black people would be a team.

2 things I learned new is the great depression is where people lost their jobs and they were not gonna make money. Another thing I learnt was that the men were the only people to vote and the women wanted to vote but they didn’t get to vote.

The story we read was about racism and it makes people sad it made me sad that some people are different types of colors. The black people didn’t get to participate in some of the things that the white people do.

Strike Means the teachers have a day off and they demand for something they want more.

Protest Means people all join together and they protest about something they don’t like.

Suffrage Means the women wanted to vote as well as the women because they were not getting to vote because they wanted to choose something else but the guys got to choose.

Unions are a lot of people joining together as a group and they protest together at the same time.

The Great Depression meant the people got their jobs taken off them and they started to become depressed.

Hikoi is walking around the place or marching and they protest at the same time.

If I was to protest I would let the women vote because it was unfair that the guys got to vote and the girls didn’t want to make another option as the guys. But they didn’t want what the guys wanted. They wanted to choose another thing different to the men after all of the guys voted and the women didn't. All of the men were selfish and they didn’t really care what the women thought. It is important to let everyone join in on what all of the men do because it was unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.