Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2021

The Design Process

Hello everyone. For the last couple of weeks in Home Economics we have been doing Baking and we had to make a recipe for our stakeholder. We worked through the Design Process. 

I was working with Quaiden and our stakeholder was one of the teachers. We made her Anzac Biscuits.
I did all of the shopping list and I found all of the ingredients off the Countdown Website. Our recipe took 10 Minutes prep time and 20 Minutes to cook. We wrote on our recipe for our time management plan.
My task was to do the costings. I also done the time management plan.

Anzac Biscuits

10 Min prep time

​½ cup Flour 

⅓ cup Sugar

⅔ cups coconut

¾ cup oats

50g butter

1 Tbsp golden Syrup 

½ tsp baking soda

1 Tbsp boiling water

Makes 12 Cookies

Method

Step 1- Preheat the oven to 180˚C Bake . Line a baking tray with baking paper.

Step 2 - Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.

Step 3 - Melt butter and golden syrup. Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add butter and golden syrup. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.

Step 4 - Place level tablespoonfuls of mixture onto cold greased trays and flatten with a fork. These don't spread as they bake so you can place them close together.

Step 5 - Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
 
This is the feedback from my stakeholder.  
The Anzac biscuits tasted just like the ones my Granny used to make and she was a great cook. They were nice and crunchy and sweet without being too sugary. They went beautifully with a cup of tea and it was impossible to eat only one of them. They were baked to perfection neither under, nor over cooked!







This was the photo of our mise enplace.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jesse. The Anzac Biscuits turned out really well and were obviously enjoyed by those who tasted them. Congratulations!
    Your Blog Post is well set out and the photos you've included are very good. You certainly know how to do your Mise en Place!!!
    Great to see that you have included the Feedback from your stakeholder.
    Can you think of any other ingredients which could be added to the recipe as a variation?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.