Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Who are we?

Hello readers today we were doing Who are we and we were learning about the Maori people the first European to arrive in Aotearoa was Abel Tasman he arrived in 1642. The New Zealand land was called Novella Zealandia and the first person that arrived in Aotearoa was James Cook he was an explorer and he arrived in 1769. There was a chief called Tupaia and he was a navigator when the Europeans got to Aotearoa they brought Pigs, Potato, ship rats and disease they had muskets and a musket is a gun that fires gun powder and the war ended 1830.  Image result for james cook

1 comment:

  1. Well done Jesse, you have recalled lots of information about the early days in Aotearoa. You could improve this blog post by putting in full stops at the end of your sentences. Is this James Cook in the picture?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.