Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Science

 Hello readers for the last couple of weeks we have been working on dissections but today we were working on something else for static electricity what we had to do was rip some paper up and then we had to rub a pen on our jacket and our hair and it lifted some of the paper up. These were the questions.

Protons- Positive Shock

Neutrons- Negative Shocks

Electrons- Negative Shocks

The total electric charge of the atom is therefore zero and the atom is said to be neutral.
Insulators are materials such as glass, rubber, wood and most plastics where the electrons are held quite tightly and are not free to move easily from place to place.  A place to get a static electricity is on a tramp. 

What Is an Atom? | Live Science

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.