Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Eye Dissection

Hello readers for the last couple if weeks we have been learning about sound waves but yesterday we dissected a cow eye we watched a video and then we dissected the eye after a while I left because I hated the smell. I enjoyed the dissection but at the same time I didn't because it stunk. It was interesting because when we cut inside of it black ink came out. I was surprised to see people doing the dissection because it was yuck. I learned how to cut inside of a cows eye.

Iris contracts or expands to change the size of the pupil.

The pupil shuts down to block light out.

The Optic Nerve carries messages from the eye to the brain.

The brain uses information from the retina to make a mental picture of the world.

Feels soft on the outside and hard in the middle.

Gives the eye its shape and helps to protect the delicate inner parts

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jesse,
    Well done for answering all the questions, I'm glad you enjoyed it even though it smelled bad! Have we only been learning about sound waves? What other waves did we look at which link to the eye and seeing?
    The black ink that came out of the eye is the humour, its what keeps the shape of our eyes!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.