Pages

Friday, September 10, 2021

The Cay Definition

 Hello readers for the last couple of weeks we have been doing the cay and today I was doing the definitions some of them I already knew but some of them I had to search them up. All of the words were from the book the cay. The story is about two boys and a cat on and island and one of them is blind. This is what I done please leave a comment on my blog on what I could do better next time.

Langosta is an animal called lobster.

Reef a ridge of jagged rock, coral, or sand just above or below the surface of the sea.

Anguish means extremely distressed about something.

Dependent requiring someone or something for financial or other support.

Voodoo religion practised in parts of the Caribbean and the southern US, combining elements of Roman Catholic ritual.

Jumbi means the disembodied spirit of a dead person.

Fever means your body temperature is above normal. 

Malaria is a parasite which invades the red blood cells and is transmitted by mosquitoes.

Treacherous  presenting hidden or unpredictable dangers.

Grindstone means a thick disc of stone or other abrasive material mounted so as to revolve, used for grinding, sharpening, or polishing metal objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.