Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Salt and Water Experiment

AIM: DESIGN AN EXPERIMENT THAT TESTS THE AMOUNT OF SALT THAT MUST BE IN WATER BEFORE IT WILL NOT FREEZE WHEN LEFT OVERNIGHT IN THE FREEZER.

Image result for salt and water

When we design an experiment there are some important questions that we must answer first. This is part of the planning stage and will help to give us some ideas. 

Record these answers on your blog.


The Plan.

Task 1; Read the question carefully and write the answer to these questions. 

  1. What do we need to find out? what I would need to do
  2. How will we find it out? I will find out by searching it up on the internet  
  3. How will we record what we find? I will record it on my my Chromebook and post it on my blog.
  4. What equipment do we need for the experiment? Salt and Water beakers measuring spoons or cups
  5. How long will it take? About 1 day

The Procedure

Task 2: What are the steps that you will take to make the experiment? 

List them in 6 steps.

Step 1;get stuff ready
Step 2:put the salt in
Step 3: and then put the water in
Step 4:add them together
Step 5:
Step 6:

The Process

Task 3: Draw on a piece of A4 paper the 6 steps that you will use to test the amount of salt in water before freezing. When we are making drawings in science  it needs to be labelled clearly, kept tidy and named. Once you have completed the drawing it must be photographed and uploaded to your blog.

In your drawing you will use:
  1. Beakers
  2. Water
  3. Measuring spoons or cups
  4. Salt

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jesse

    This science write up looks pretty good! I wonder if you could think of two more steps and be sure to include a drawing of the steps you would take!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.