Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Filtration blog

Image result for filtration science experiment
Water Filtration Plant

What is filtration?


Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass. 

Examples are:

  1.  Swimming Pool
  2.  Teabag
  3.  Kidney
  4. coffee plunger/coffee filter 

Materials

1.Pebbles 
2.Dirty Water
3.Filter Paper
4.Sand
5.Cup
6.Scissor
7.Bottle
8.Funnel
9.Coffee Filter 

Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )


Step 1

Cut the bottle In half.

Step 2

Put the top half upside down inside the bottle.

STEP 3

Add layers of Filter paper and then add your sand/pebbles.

STEP 4

Get 1 cup of dirty water.

STEP 5

Pour dirty water into the funnel or the bottle.

Measurements

Write a short sentence about the water every 1 minute. 
Include 'How much water has filtered through', 'How fast it is dripping through', and 'How clear the water is'.

Conclusion Hi my name is Jesse and I am from Hornby High School this we done science and we done an experiment with. Mr Palmer he show us what would happen if he put dirty water in a cup and it was it was supposed to make the water clear but it didn't for my group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.