Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

Science

Today we did science and we watched a video. The video was about a department education programme and we watched the video. Here is the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4XgAX3QtY&feature=youtu.be 


  • What animals keep our jackets warm? Sheep produce wool and then we get warmer clothes.
  • What animal makes our boots waterproof? Cows.
  • Where does the water in our rivers come from? From mountain snow.
  • Why do we need healthy rivers?  So we can swim in them and catch healthy fish.
  • What are some of the good things about mosquitoes? Our native birds feed on them.
  • Why are bees dying? Because insecticides poison them.
  • What do bugs do to our leaves? They eat them.


If you can please send me some feedback on what I could do next time in my blog post.



  • Reduce  Means make a smaller or less in amount degree or amount 

  • Reuse means you can reuse the stuff that you can reuse like plastic bags.

  • Recycle means to put your rubbish in the bin and then we can help the animals

  • How much dung would we be in if there were no dung de- composers? 7 feet

  • Who runs this planet?Nature

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jesse. It sounds like you are really enjoying your new science hurumanu. I really enjoyed reading your post, particularly the part about why it is important to keep our rivers clean. It was great that you included a link to the video. Perhaps next time you could include some images or create a DLO to share your learning. Keep up the great work.

    Miss Tozer.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.